How to Bridge to Linea Blockchain
Linea Network is a Layer 2 (L2) scaling solution for Ethereum. It uses zero-knowledge proofs to achieve high throughput and low fees. Linea Network is built by ConsenSys, a leading blockchain tech company, and is designed to be developer-friendly, with a focus on decentralization and permissionless development.
Linea is built on top of Ethereum, providing the security of the Ethereum blockchain, while also aiming for scalability using type 2 zkEVM validity rollup. With its commitment to decentralization and open-source development. A Type 2 zkEVM is bytecode-compatible which means we're the most compatible with Ethereum and the EVM making it easy for developers to build and maintain applications on Layer 2. Linea aims to position itself as an ideal platform for developers who want to build and deploy dApps quickly, securely, and with minimal hassle.
Features of Linea Network
- High Throughput: Linea Network has a processing power of up to 2,000 TPS, much higher than Ethereum's 15 TPS.
- Low Fees: Linea’s fees are as low as $0.0001 per transaction, significantly lower than Ethereum's gas fees.
- EVM Compatibility: Linea Network is compatible with the Ethereum Virtual Machine, meaning existing dapps can be easily ported to the network.
- Decentralization: Linea Network is designed to be decentralized, with a focus on open development.
- Developer ready: Linea Network is fully compatible with popular tools, infrastructure, IDEs, and wallets with MetaMask distribution and EVM equivalence
Before we get started, make sure you have a wallet ready. In this tutorial, we are using the MetaMask browser wallet, but you can also click on WalletConnect to use other wallet providers. If you don't have a Web3 wallet yet, you can download MetaMask from the official link.
Bridging to Linea Blockchain
- Visit https://bridge.linea.build/ to use the Linea Bridge and connect your wallet.
- Select the chain you want to transfer assets from and your destination chain as Linea. Currently, the official Linea bridge only allows transactions between Ethereum and Linea Network.
- Click on “START BRIDGING” to initiate
- Approve the transfer by clicking “CONFIRM” on Metamask to finish the transaction.
Check The Transaction Progress
Track the progress of your transaction by going to the activity section of your Metamask Wallet and clicking on “View on Etherscan” on your latest transaction. You'll be able to monitor the current status of the transaction.
If you are bridging from Linea to Ethereum then you can use and view the live block data on the Linea Block Explorer.
In most cases, your transaction should finish and your assets should arrive at your destination chain within 12 seconds.