How to Bridge Funds to Mantle Mainnet?
What is Mantle?
Mantle is a modular layer 2 (L2) scaling solution built on Ethereum. You can use DeFi and other ecosystem dApps available on Mantle while enjoying layer 1 Ethereum's unparalleled security with ultra-low gas fees, faster transactions, and better user experience (UX) with its high-performance layer-2 network built with modular architecture.
It has just launched its mainnet and users can now start using Mantle! To use Mantle, first, users have to bridge funds from Ethereum to Mantle. A blockchain bridge is a tool that allows users to port assets and data from one blockchain to another. They work the same way as in the physical world, allowing different blockchains to interoperate.
This article will walk you through how to bridge USDT (the process is the same for all other assets) from Ethereum L1 to Mantle L2 using the Official Mantle bridge.
Own A Wallet
Before we get started, make sure you have a wallet ready. In this tutorial, we'll use the MetaMask browser wallet, but you can also use WalletConnect or Coinbase Wallet with Mantle. If you don't have a web3 wallet yet, you can download MetaMask from the official link.
Add Mantle Mainnet to Metamask
To integrate Mantle into MetaMask, you have two choices:
- The simplest way is to visit ChainList.org and connect your wallet to ChainList.
- Next, search for "Mantle." Once you find the "Mantle" option, click "Add to MetaMask." A prompt will pop up, allowing you to add the Mantle network to MetaMask.
- Click on "Approve" and then confirm your switch to the Mantle.
Bridging to Mantle
Time to bridge your funds over to Mantle! The wallet addresses remain unchanged on Mantle and Ethereum since Mantle is a Layer-2 Ethereum scaling solution. It means the address you've been using will remain the same and work seamlessly on Mantle.
- Visit https://bridge.mantle.xyz/ to use the Mantle Bridge and select deposit. Click on 'Connect Wallet' in the right-hand corner and confirm.
- Decide which asset you will be bridging from Ethereum to Mantle mainnet. Allow spending of the asset by clicking 'Allocate Allowance Before Depositing.'
- Once confirmed, press 'Deposit to L2' and 'Confirm' to initiate the transaction.
- Mantle will prompt you to confirm the transaction in your browser, and then you'll need to confirm it again in MetaMask.
- Fantastic! Your tokens are now en route to the Mantle. To track the progress of your transaction, click on the Etherscan link provided by the user interface (UI). You'll be able to see the current status of the transaction there. Enjoy your journey on Mantle!
See Your Tokens on Mantle
To ensure that your tokens have safely arrived in your Mantle address, follow these steps:
Open MetaMask and switch to the Mantle.
You should already see assets in your wallet. But, it may take up to 10 minutes for your assets to arrive in your Mantle address from Ethereum L1.
If you have bridged any token other than $MNT, you'll need to import your asset's Mantle contract. Here's how:
- Click on "Import Tokens" under the Tokens section in MetaMask.
- Paste the contract address of your asset into the Token contract address field.
- Click on 'Add Custom Token" and proceed to approve the next screen, and you should then see your assets in the MetaMask wallet on Mantle.
Additionally, you can verify the arrival of your funds by visiting your wallet address on the Mantle Block Explorer:
- Paste your address into the search bar on the Mantle Block Explorer.
- Click on "Tokens" or the 'Wallet Icon' to view the tokens held in your wallet.
By following these steps, you can confirm that your tokens have successfully made their way to Mantle.
Bridging your funds to Mantle and exploring its capabilities is an exciting journey, and its seamless integration with your existing Ethereum wallet opens up a world of possibilities.
Following the simple steps outlined in this guide, you can effortlessly bridge your tokens to Mantle and unlock many innovative opportunities.
Once your tokens have been securely transferred, you can import additional tokens, expanding your portfolio and enabling you to fully engage with Mantle's diverse ecosystem of decentralized applications and protocols.